Friday, October 13, 2017

Halloween Places: Part One


By Gemma Cleanslate

Halloween is always a treat in Second Life. Creators and designers go out of their way to make spooky , scary places. There is a poster around that gives five pages of haunted places to visit. It makes it easy to visit the most before the real day if that is your favorite thing to do. I picked out some to visit starting with the fifth page. I will never get to all of them in time to write about them before Halloween but you can pick the lists up at most of the places I visited. Check out the hunt hints too and watch for gifts. 


My first trip was to Deathly Halloween at Aldergrove. On arrival it looks like a lovely countryside with homes and farms. A skull with green eyes changes your opinion when it watches you move up the hill.  It is not as lovely as it seems and then name fits it well.  Dead bodies litter the place. Little islands with cottages and ghouls to visit too.  


Take care to move around and don’t miss the ghost ship! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aldergrove/159/130/26


My next visit was over to Mieville Shelley-Magnum where there is a hunt going on in the picturesque village. You are hunting for hidden pumpkins . Before you leave the entrance room pick up a hud that will register your points for each you find. At the end you can use the points to buy gifts that are also in pumpkins that are placed around the towns . There are more pumpkins in the town than I have ever seen so it is not an easy hunt! Welcome to Foxwarts ! This is a fun walk around a cute steampunk town and you can do some shopping while you go hunting. Visiting any Mieville region is always interesting and you meet interesting people in town too.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mieville%20Shelley/217/52/1035 


Palenia. When you land here take the tp to Hallow Haunts. This is a scary place with more pumpkins!! Enter the little witch houses set around to see .The zombie bus will give you something to think about. There are many wondrous creatures roaming this little town so watch out!  Near the cemetery there is a horse drawn coach that offers an opportunity for picture taking with several poses. Don’t miss it. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Palenia/134/152/23



Echoes warns you DO NOT ENTER but of course we will . There is a great cemetery . I saw a poor skeleton trying to get out of his grave and tried to help him.

“Help A Brother Out: Gemma please, oh please help me out of this grave, I will tell you where all my gold is hidden if you will. ... Gemma, thank you so much for helping me out of this grave, You will be rich with all my gold after I get out. ... Gemma where did you go? I need to tell you where the gold is. ... Dangit Gemma Stop hiding? I want to fullfill my part of the deal. ... Oh well, I guess they were just being a good samaritan. Thanks again Gemma! I'm outta here.”

I was not hiding I was underground taking his place in the grave so be careful at this place!!!!
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Echoes/223/36/1201



I broke off from the list at that point to check out the Chedderbarrel Maze and Fair. I found lots of mazes and a haunted house full of skeletons having a wonderful time. I played a few games I have not seen in a while too and rode one of Torgon Woodget’s rollercoasters, If you like mazes this is well worth a visit! You have your choice of many different ones.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shedao/184/174/54 




My next trip was to Gotham Island to see what was going on there where Creations for Parkinson’s . There will be events going on all month and all proceeds to to the Michael J Fox Foundation. I was greeted by a marvelous skeleton band on the stage. I walked to the haunted house next door to check that out. Farther on up a long stone stair case is a more scary haunted house where I found very unhealthy family portraits on the walls. 

I walked through the cemetery safely this time and down to the town streets. Here you can do some shopping while you explore. Watch for candy corn as you go. It contains gifts for 10L .I saw some great Halloween decor and outfits and of course spent some money . I like the items that donate all of the proceeds.  I found some raffle boards with some really nice wares for which to take chances and auction items .A good deal of donations come to the Foundation from sales here .I really enjoyed my visit.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gotham%20Island/129/182/24
 



One of my favorite places to visit every year is Halloween Town where Laura Liberty of Townies sets up a wonderful experience for everyone. The town is set up with shops just full of decor for the holiday, and loads of costumes for adults and kids.At the bottom of the hill enter one of the best haunted houses you will ever enter , or try to leave. Follow directions and prepare for the worst. When I was there the place was full so I did not get to go through the house but I know how good it is and will go back again. Inside is based on horror movies of the past that I am sure you will recognize. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Townies/116/104/99 

I plan to visit some more  sites from the wonderful lists and some not on the lists too . I will be giving you my impression of the places during the month. 

Gemma Cleanslate

No comments:

Post a Comment